One of my favorite go-to recipes is a marinated kale salad. It is my all time favorite way to eat kale, and even non-kale eaters seem to enjoy it!
Over the years, it has become a Habitude Fitness favorite as I make it for most of our social events and often post it on social media. The best part about this salad is that it’s perfect for a summer get-together. Why? Because the longer this salad sits, the better it actually gets! No soggy lettuce! There’s no guilt enjoying that hamburger or potato salad when they are sitting next to a heaping mound of green goodness!
- 5-6 cups kale, washed and cut with kitchen scissors into thin strips. (I buy the bag of already chopped kale. SO EASY!)
- ½ cup dried unsweetened cranberries.
- ½ cup pine nuts.
- ½ cup diced red onions.
- ½ cup cherry red tomatoes
- ⅓ cup feta or goat cheese.
- juice of one lemon
- 2 fresh diced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix kale, cranberries, tomatoes, nuts, onions in a glass bowl. In a separate dish, mix lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic to make a dressing. Pour dressing over kale and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight 6 hours or more is best! Before serving, toss in feta cheese or goat cheese.
I loved this skit from Portlandia because it has some truth to it, right?! Hang in there with those healthy eats! (Laughter is SO healthy!)
Have a great holiday weekend!