I have the awesome privilege to introduce you to a wonderful fitness friend. Cathy knows a thing or two about balancing career, family, tending to the gluten-free needs of a spouse and son, AND she still strives to be healthy amidst the beautiful chaos! She has become passionate about planning healthy meals each week for her busy lifestyle, and is ready to share her meal prep habitudes with us! Easy, simple, nutritious dinner meals for the entire week right here! She even provided a shopping list! It doesn’t get any better than this!
A wise trainer once said to me, “You can’t out-exercise a bad diet.” Hmmm – Isn’t that something? With that knowledge in mind, I began to think more seriously about what I was cooking for my family. I enjoy cooking, but as everyone got older, I realized I needed to be thinking about the quality of the foods I was preparing. I have struggled with my weight for a long time and tried really hard to eat well. With busy schedules, a full-time job and dietary restrictions to consider, cooking stopped being enjoyable. With Cassie’s words in my head, I began seriously planning our family meals while making my weekly grocery list. And so began:
Plan. Prep. Plate.
I’ve compiled several menu plans that I’d like to share. Thank you to Cassie for sharing her space with me. Enjoy and please let me know what you think at: Plan.Prep.Plate@gmail.com
Day 1 Parmesan Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ c bread crumbs or panko
- 2 T Parmesan Cheese
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ t sea salt
- ⅛ t black pepper
- ⅛ t lemon pepper
- ⅛ t oregano
- Preheat oven to 350
- Separate 2 eggs and beat egg whites in a shallow dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs Parmesan cheese, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and oregano into mixing bowl.
- Dip each side of chicken breasts into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a large baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes or until internal
- temperature is 165 degrees.
- Serve with your choice of pasta and a favorite green vegetable.
Day 3 Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta:
Add a green salad of your choice
Day 4 Italian Pork Chops
Try my roasted baby red potatoes too!
- Preheat oven to 425
- Quarter potatoes and place in large pot of water. Boil until fork tender. Drain thoroughly and toss with 1 T olive oil and a teaspoon of Sea Salt and 1 T of Italian Seasonings. Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Place potatoes onto pan and bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
Day 5 Stuffed Pepper Burrito Bowls
- My recipe:
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1 can Rotelle tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- ¼ c salsa
- Shredded cheese
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Chop off tops of bell peppers and add to large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- In skillet with a little Olive Oil, sauté onion and garlic. Add ground meat and brown thoroughly.
- Add Rotelle tomatoes, drained corn and rinsed and drained black beans. Cook until warm through.
- Add ¼ cup (or to taste) salsa.
- Remove skillet from heat and fill peppers with meat and vegetable mixture. Save leftovers for a second meal or a little pre-dinner munching.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over tops and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Let us know how this meal plans serves you and your family this week. Cathy would love to connect with you! Email her at Plan.Prep.Plate@gmail.com
Your Trainer and Friend,
Cassie and Cathy