It is that time of year. As we look ahead into 2014 we could have a varying degree of emotions well up inside of us; excitement, terror, determination, dread, joy, anxiety, or apathy. Last year instead of making a resolution, I encourage you to think of a word that would encompass your attitude for 2013. How did you do?
I did ok. Not perfect, but I do value this word, and it was a great pick for me for 2013.
This year, if you look back at the beginning of your Habitudes for the Holidays Challenge, I asked you to jot down some goals for yourself. Today would be a great time to revisit those goals and think about how they could transcend into your habitudes for 2014.
This year in addition to thinking of your 2014 word, and creating some 2014 goals/resolutions, I encourage each of us to walk through this exercise in efforts to reflect and make proper assessments for 2014.
25 Questions to ask Yourself Before the End of the Year
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself? –mindbodygreen.com
This exercise could take some time. As long as you are making some efforts to reflect, resolve, and refocus, check this challenge off on your Holiday Challenge Calendar 2013!